The holiday season is typically a time where families and friends gather to connect and celebrate. Even if you’re spending this season with a smaller group, food is always the center of attention! This buffalo chicken dip is a great addition to your holiday spread! While most people have stomachs rumbling waiting for the main course, this is a rich and satisfying appetizer option your group can snack on while everyone waits for the meal.
What you need:
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie preferred)
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ½ cup of ranch dressing
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- ¼ cup of chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stovetop saucepan, slowly melt together cream cheese, Frank’s hot sauce and ranch dressing. Melt mixture and stir until completely smooth.
- Combine heated sauce mixture and shredded chicken.
- Add mixture to a 1 quart baking dish.
- Top mixture with shredded cheddar cheese, add blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until it begins to bubble around the edges.
- Broil for 2 minutes to crisp cheese topping.
- Remove from the oven and add chopped green onions for garnish.
This dip can be served with chips, crackers, celery, carrots or anything crunchy! Pro tip – rotisserie chicken is the way to go. This chicken is more tender than boiling, grilling or using other methods. You can also add one spoonful of truffle oil to the sauce mixture while heating for added flavor. Enjoy!